Set some time aside on Saturday November 17th, 2018 to visit picturesque Clunes as it celebrates its annual show.
Now in its 158th year, this traditional country show promises a great day out for locals and visitors alike.
In a day filled with varied activities, here is just a snippet of what you might see and do:-
· Enjoy local food and wine in the pavilion, whilst lapping up some of the roving entertainment
· Enjoy music on the stage from the Maryborough Big Band and the Wesley Bands
· Watch the wide range of horse events happening on the arena all day
· Meander through displays and competitions showcasing local agricultural produce
· Giggle at the ferret racing, keg throwing, scarecrow competition and ladies wood splitting-or even have a go yourself!
· Take the kids to the mobile zoo, the mini circus, the puppet show, the face painter and the sideshows
· Take in the arts and craft displays including the work of local school children
· Marvel at the creative talents of local cooks and gardeners
· Urge the dogs at the dog high jump, and
· Take in the sights on the Cobb and Co coach, or a trike tour
And that’s just the start.
There’s rural ambassador, show girl and show boy competitions, a bute ute competition, tug of war competition and a display of vintage engines.
For those who are thirsty, the outdoor bar is full of character (and characters!) and is a great place to relax and take in the sights.
And of course, don’t miss the Grand Parade on the arena at 3pm!
If you’re still around in the evening, there’s a bar, BBQ and live music to round out the day.
At $15 admission for adults, $5 for children and $35 for families, where else would you go for more fun and better value?
“See you at the Clunes Show!”